Barbecue, the name itself, can make your mouth water; who doesn’t like barbecue? Barely anyone. But it can be not very clear when you have to choose which barbecue restaurant to visit, which would be good enough and worth the money.
So here are the things you need to look for to know which barbeque restaurant is worth it.
- Pulled Pork; To judge if the barbecue restaurant was good enough to serve a pulled pork, look for the texture. It should not be mushy, but it should be tender. Overcooked can somewhere lose its flavours while a tender and perfectly cooked will retain everything.
- Brisket; A dish that is hard to find in its perfect tender form. If a barbecue restaurant can serve a good tender flavourful brisket, then the restaurant is a go-go. Please pick up the piece and tear it apart. If you can see it stretching out and see the elasticity, then that’s perfectly done.
- Ribs; These again are something that gives trouble when cooked. It can be overcooked, and then all you’ll find is it slipping down your chin when you’re taking a bite and well, that’s not what you want. So if a restaurant can serve a nice crisp outside with tender meat inside, go for it.
- Burnt Ends; These ate fairly new buy very popular in barbecue restaurants. These are the ends chopped of a brisket. Since these are too popular and in demand, they’ve gone out of stock too many times, and restaurants have started using substitute which is meatier in texture while the real briskets are more crispers. So if you see a red sign with burnt ends, the restaurant isn’t too reliable.
- Sauce; The very last and a very important thing to consider is the most famous barbecue sauce. Most of the things come with barbecue sauce, not everything, but many do. So if you’re ordering something that contains barbecue sauce, don’t be too happy if they’ve put too much on your plate. It may or may not be a red signal. You don’t know what’s hidden underneath the sauce, and the sauce may make it nearly impossible to predict if something is wrong or not. So, keep that in mind as well. Also, many people don’t like too much sauce, and it can be messy and overpower the smoky and grilled taste of the meat.
Check out https://q39kc.com/locations/overlandpark-bbq// to know more about barbecue restaurants. It’s so important that you choose a good restaurant. It can make the whole experience entirely different.